Law Offices of Tedone and Morton, P.C.

Joliet Office


Plainfield Office


Joliet, Illinois Civil Litigation Attorney

Joliet commercial law attorney

Lawyers Providing Legal Help in Civil and Commercial Law Cases in Will County

When disputes arise between multiple parties, they must sometimes be settled in a court of law. The legal system in the United States is complex, but the decisions made in civil court can have long-lasting repercussions. In these cases, it is important to have an experienced advocate on your side.

The attorneys at the Law Offices of Tedone and Morton, P.C. provide high-quality legal representation in a wide variety of civil litigation cases. We also assist with commercial law, helping resolve business-related disputes in an innovative, cost-effective manner while ensuring that a company is able to address legal concerns without harming its bottom line.

Civil Litigation Cases

During civil litigation, a plaintiff will initiate a lawsuit against a defendant in which they ask the court to settle a dispute between the two parties and compel the defendant to take some sort of action. In many cases, the plaintiff claims that the defendant wronged them in some way, and they will ask for the defendant to reimburse them for the damages they have experienced. Some common types of civil lawsuits include:

  • Probate litigation - Following a person's death, their surviving family members, the heirs named in their will, or other interested parties may dispute the validity of the will or other estate planning documents. Civil litigation may also be needed if the executor of an estate did not properly carry out the deceased person's wishes.
  • Real estate litigation - When buying or selling a home or other piece of property, the parties will sign a contract specifying the terms of the sale. If either party does not follow these terms, the other party may pursue litigation to enforce the contract or to seek reimbursement for damages.
  • Family law - A divorce case is technically a lawsuit filed by one spouse against another asking for the couple's marriage to be dissolved. Other types of civil lawsuits handled in family court include paternity cases and child support matters involving unmarried parents.
  • Healthcare and insurance litigation - If an insurance company fails to provide coverage or improperly denies a claim, a policyholder may pursue litigation to ensure that they receive the coverage they deserve.

Commercial Law

In addition to providing representation in lawsuits between private parties, our attorneys can assist with a wide variety of legal issues related to businesses. Our services include:

  • Business formation - We can help select the correct entity when starting a business (sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, S-corporation, etc.) and ensure that all legal requirements are met.
  • Purchasing or selling a business - We can ensure that the proper steps are followed when transferring business interests or ownership.
  • Contract drafting and review - We will work with you to create operating agreements, employment contracts, business contracts, or franchising agreements, and we can review the terms of contracts to address any legal issues while ensuring they meet your company's needs.
  • Commercial litigation - We can provide representation in legal disputes involving a business, such as breach of contract lawsuits, employee/employer disputes, or partnership disputes.
  • Commercial real estate - We can assist in purchases or sales of commercial property, and we can draft and negotiate commercial leases or address disputes between landlords and tenants.

Contact a Joliet Civil Litigation Lawyer

When you need to resolve disputes in civil court, or when your business needs to address legal issues, it pays to have a skilled advocate on your side. At the Law Offices of Tedone and Morton, P.C., we provide dedicated representation in civil and commercial cases. We can answer your questions, help you understand your rights and requirements, and work with you to reach a successful outcome to your case. Contact us today by calling our Joliet office at 815-666-1285 or our Plainfield office at 815-733-5350.

  • Badges and Associations
  • Badges and Associations
Back to Top